While there are more options for association management software (AMS) than ever before, the sheer number of choices can be intimidating. How do you know what features to look for? How do you know what your members want? More importantly, how do you know that your AMS will still be relevant in the coming weeks, months and years?
- Centralized database management: Modern AMS platforms consolidate and centralize multiple database platforms into a single, highly accessible and secure location. This alone is enough to save significant time on behalf of analysts, database managers and those in other, data-driven roles.
- Analytics and reporting: Today's AMS platforms are all about data. As such, most modern AMS solutions provide several methods for data analytics and reporting that help you interpret and translate complex data into simple, easily-understood terms and concepts.
- Streamlined accessibility: The centralized nature of AMS platforms makes it easy to access important member data, including membership histories, overdue accounts and more.
- Community support: Many of today's AMS platforms boast extended online communities that can provide additional tech support, troubleshooting and advice on managing your membership base.
- Ongoing research and development: Most AMS solutions are regularly updated and upgraded with new features and functionality, ultimately giving members additional services as technology continues to improve and expand.
- Mobile accessibility: With so many members who are constantly on-the-go, many AMS platforms make it easy for mobile users to connect and use the services that are available to them.
- Customization: The customizability of today's AMS platforms makes it easy for association leaders to achieve all of their membership management goals. Conversely, the customizability also provides more features and greater functionality for the entire membership base.
- Self-service functionality: AMS platforms that offer self-service options, like giving members the ability to check on their dues and pay membership fees online, provide individuals with greater control while simultaneously lifting some of the burden from the association's leadership.
Whatever you do, make sure to choose an AMS platform that fits with your current corporate and workplace cultures. This is easier said than done, but the customizability of modern AMS solutions gives you plenty of versatility and leeway. Use this to your advantage in order to come up with the ideal solution that benefits everyone involved.
It's also critical to find an AMS solution that supports your business model. Associations that already utilize software-as-a-service, for example, need to find an AMS that supports their current structure. If not, you might have to make some additional adjustments throughout your entire organization.